BC Racing BR Series Coilovers 15+ Mustang
The BC Racing BR Series Coilovers are perfect for those of you who are looking for a street coilover that can handle the occasional track day. Included in this kit is everything ready for an installation.
• Pillowball upper mount
• Camber adjustable front top mounts
• Aluminum top plates
• 30 way adjustable dampening
• Adjustable spring platform
• Height adjustment with bottom mount to retain full damper travel
• Bearing mounted upper front spring platform
• Dust boots to protect damper seals
The BR Series coilovers also utilize a 46mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter body to thoroughly use the oil capacity. High quality oils are designed to maximize the performance, and the viscosity has been designed to change per heat cycling occurs.
Other key attributes include:
• Corner weight adjustment: The lower spring platform of the BC Racing coilovers have been designed to be adjustable. This will allow the vehicle to be setup for corner weighting to achieve proper balance and to ensure that the maximum tire contact is achieved.
• Ride height adjustment: Ride height will be determined by the position of the coilover bottom mount. This mount can be wound up and down on the damper body to provide a full range of adjustment from near factory ride height to low enough to be dragging frame. Because the ride height is determined by an adjustable bottom mount, you will retain full damper travel regardless of the ride height run.
• Damping adjustment: The BR series feature 30 way damping adjustment that combines both rebound, and compression in one adjuster for ease of use. This allows you to tune the suspension to meet road conditions. By adjusting the front and rear damping, you can adjust the way the car handles, increasing damping force on the rear relative to the front. Because the damping is adjustable, you can set them to accommodate many forms of motorsports. For instance in drag racing you can soften the rear damping to achieve more of a squat, and for drifting you can increase the damping to allow the vehicle to break traction.
• Pillowball (rose joint) upper mount: The pillowball upper mounts found on some of the BR Racing coilovers will come with pillowball upper mounts which are fabricated from aluminum alloy, which is anodized, then bead blasted to provide a high quality, durable finish. The pillowballs are sourced from a Japanese manufacture, and their solid design eliminates any flex or play associated with standard rubber mounts, thus improving response and handling.
• Camber Adjustment: The front pillowball top mounts are adjustable to suit the driver’s needs.
• High quality coil springs: BC Racing employs a high quality spring fabricated from SAE9254 high strength durable cold wound steel .
• Patented concave lower locking collar: Coilovers generally use a locking collar to prevent the bottom mount from becoming loose. However after it is a possibility that the locking collar can become loose which will lead to dangerous handling characteristics. Because of these reasons, BC has designed a patented a locking collar with a beveled edge that seats into a corresponding level in the coilover bottom mount.
• Nitrogen pressurized dampers: High speed bumps can cause the oil to aerate which makes cavitation a possibility. This will cause foaming which will affect the oil’s viscosity, while reducing the damping effect. BC racing took the design further by implementing the use of nitrogen which provides permanent pressure on the oil, which reduces aeration, and improves the quality of the damping.