STRATIFIED Xtra Fuel System - EcoBoost 1.6L
The OEM DI fuel system in the 1.6 Ecoboost can deliver fuel for up to around 320whp but after this point it starts to run out in two main areas: The high pressure fuel pump, and fuel injectors. The high pressure pump is the first to lose pressure and this can cause driveability issues such as sputtering or non smooth running to redline as well as put the motor at risk of running lean. The DI injectors are soon to follow in terms of flow limitation especially if fuel pressure drops. Upgrades for these components are both expensive or simply not available. The Stratified Xtra Fuel System addresses both the HPFP and injector shortcoming with a single, plug and play auxiliary fuel system. Without any other upgrades there is enough fuel available for over 450whp even with the OEM in-tank fuel pump and even more if the in-tank pump is upgraded. Moving to 550whp is possible using the (optional) injector upgrade. Installing the Xtra Fuel System is simple (simpler than a water-methanol injection kit) and it requires no cutting, splicing, soldering or any non-reversible modifications to the vehicle.
Once installed, the system should be tuned (tuning is needed!) to work in tandem with the OEM fuel delivery system for seamless and safe power delivery - especially when using ethanol based fuels that have higher fuel flow requirements.
The controller is programmed using a serial/DB9 port. If you don't have a USB converter cable already make sure you purchase that option.
What it works on:
Ecoboost 1.6T powered vehicles. This is a highly recommended fueling solution when running 300+whp with an upgraded turbocharger.
More Details: The Stratified Xtra Fuel System has some of these key benefits and features:
- More power is made throughout the power band safely. The system can support 450whp+.
- Can support 550whp+ with upgraded injector.
- Running E85 blended fuel is now possible and safe without running lean on bigger turbos.
- A richer mixture keeps detonation and heat down which are major factors that contribute to piston and engine failure.
- Intake Valves are kept cleaner.
- No splicing, cutting, or modifications of the OEM harness or fuel lines.
- Upgrading the port injectors in the kit (if ever needed) is cheap and easy.
- Much better fuel metering and atomization than a WMI system - it is a proper fuel system that is also more reliable.
- We provide a WMI bung if you want to run the aux fuel on pump gas and run WMI for an octane boost (in areas where E85 is not readily avaialble)
- No extra tanks or reservoirs or pressure regulators needed.
- Many OEMs opt to run both port and direct injection systems on their high power vehicles. This way you keep the DI system and efficiency and only use the port aux system at wide open throttle.
- Fully Plug and Play. It includes everything for a complete installation.